||Area: 86 thousand-sq. km |
Population: 8,3 million inhabitants
National body on metrology in Azerbaijan is the State Agency on Standardization, Metrology and Patents of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The agency created on the basis of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan ¹ 623 from 27.12.2001, is the state body which is carrying out a state policy in the fields of standardization, metrology, certification, accreditation and protection of the industrial property rights.
The Director General: Hasanov Ramiz Àyvaz oglu
The address: the Azerbaijan Republic, AZ 1147, Baku, Mardanov br. street. 124
The legislative base for functioning of the State metrological service is the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On provision of unanimity of measurements”, Regulations and Decisions of the Cabinet of Ministries of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Statute of the Agency.
The goals of the state metrological service in Azerbaijan are in the following:
· protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the citizens, the established law and order and economy of the Azerbaijan Republic against negative consequences of doubtful results of measurements;
· assistance to scientific and technical and economic progress on the basis of application of the state standards of units of sizes and use of results of measurements of the high and guaranteed accuracy expressed in admitted to application in the country units;
· creation of favorable conditions for the international and inter-regional relations;
· regulation of relations of the state bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan with legal and physical persons in the field of development, manufacture, checking, test, operation, repair, sale, import and export of means of measurements;
● creation of conditions for a mutual recognition of results of tests, verifications and calibrations with a view of elimination of technical barriers in bilateral and multilateral external economic relations.
In the field of metrology, according to the legislation, the State Agency on Standardization, Metrology and Patents of the Republic of Azerbaijan is assigned the following functions:
· definition of the general metrological requirements to means, methods and results of measurements;
· development and carrying out of a state policy in the field of maintenance of unity of measurements;
· the state metrological control and supervision;
· establishment of the rules of creation, the statement, storage and application of standards of units of sizes;
· the statement of the state standards;
· establishment of the rules of certifications of techniques of performance of measurements;
· the organization of the elaboration and the statement of national standards in the field of metrology;
· accreditation of the centers of tests of means of measurements;
· the statement of the list of means of the measurements subject to calibration and checking;
· the organization and coordination of activity of the state inspectors on maintenance of unity of measurements;
· statement type of means of measurements;
· conducting the State register of means of measurements;
· the organization of activity and accreditation of metrological services of legal and physical persons on the right of carrying out calibration works;
· the statement of normative documents on maintenance of unity of measurements;
· realization of other functions stipulated by the legislation of the country and Statute about Agency.
In the field of metrology the Agency carries out the powers through a department of metrology included in structure and corresponding divisions in regions of the country. To structural divisions of metrological service concern:
· sector of the state tests and certifications of means of measurements;
· sector of the state control over means of measurements;
· sector of metrological maintenance;
· sector of the state checking physical and chemical means of measurements;
· sector of the state checking heat engineering and thermal physic means of measurements;
· sector of the state checking radio engineering, dosimeter, electric, acoustic and optical means of measurements;
· sector of the state checking mechanical and geometrical means of measurements.
For 2006 by employees of the State Agency on standardization, metrology and patents of the Republic of Azerbaijan it has been in total carried out about 800000 verifications of the means of measurements.