||Area: 198,5 thousand-sq. km|
Population: 5,224 millions
State management activities to ensure traceability in the country is regulated by the The Ministry of Economy and Antimonopoly Policy of the Kyrgyz Republic (MEAP KR) in accordance with the law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On ensuring the Unity of Measurements” and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic No. 727 from 04.12.09.
The organizational structure of the National Metrology System consists of MERKR, Center for Standardization and Metrology and the State Inspectorate of metrological supervision.
The Ministry of Economy and Antimonopoly Policy of the Kyrgyz Republic
Minister: Mr. Sariev Temir
Address: 106 Chui Avenue, 720002 Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Telephone: +996 312 62 05 90
+996 312 62 37 54
Fax: +996 312 66 18 37
Major activities are as follows:
· development and implementation of State Policy on Ensuring Unity of Measurements;
· coordinate the activities of the Center for Standardization and Metrology;
· installation of measurement units permitted for use;
· establishment of procedures for the development and approval of documents to ensure unity of measurements;
· organization and implementation of the state Metrological Supervision of compliance requirements to ensure unity of measurements;
· accreditation of laboratories carrying out the calibration of measuring instruments.
Center for Standardization and Metrology under the Ministry of Economy and Antimonopoly Policy of the of the Kyrgyz Republic (CSM)
Director : Mr. Alimbek Kurmanbaev
Address: 197 Panfilov Str., 720040 Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Telephone: +996 312 62 68 70
+996 312 62 57 34
Fax: +996 312 66 13 67
The basic activities include:
· establishment and development of a national legal metrology system. The purposes of this system are to maintain traceability of measurement results, secure public interests and encourage fair competitiveness between vendors;
· realisation and dissemination of base and derived units of the International System of Units (SI); development, maintenance and improvement of the national standards of physical quantities;
· rendering of verification (calibration) and measurement services to manufacturers and organisations having different ownership;
· type approval and metrological evaluation of measuring instrument; maintenance of the state register of approved measurement instruments and reference materials;
· participation in comparisons of measurement standards at international, regional and national levels for the purpose of their technical maintenance and worldwide recognition of the resulting calibration and measurements certificates;
· development and evaluation of measurement procedures;
· research in the field of metrology;
· participation in the activities of regional and international metrology organisations;
· Participation in Training and raising the level of skills of experts in metrology.
At the international level NISM cooperates with:
· International Organisation of Legal Metrology (OIML);
· Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (EASC);
· Interregional Standardization Association (IRSA);
· International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO);
· Euro-Asian Cooperation of National Metrological Institutions (COOMET).
The structure of the state metrological service also includes 9 regional metrological centers.
National Inspection to the Metrological Supervision under the Ministry of Economy and Antimonopoly Policy of the of the Kyrgyz Republic (NIMS MEAP KR)
Department: Mr. Aęhmatov Sultan
Address: Panfilov Str.,197
720040, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Phone: +996 312 66 01 17
+996 312 66 26 21
Fax: +996 312 62 57 15
· the implementation in the Kyrgyz Republic a unified state policy in ensuring unity of measurements;
· protecting the interests of the state and citizens from the consequences of incorrect measurements;
· carries out the state metrological supervision:
- the release, condition and use of measuring instruments, including reference materials and properties of substances (materials), compliance regulations in the area of traceability in the sphere of state regulation, which applies:
· health, veterinary medicine, environmental protection;
· to ensure the safety and traffic;
· for trade transactions and mutual settlements between producer and consumer;
· to operate in a mandatory technical regulation;
- for the amount of goods disposed of in the commission trade, in order to determine the actual values of the mass, volume, flow or other variables and compliance with the realized number of these goods;
- a number of packaged goods in packages of any kind in their packaging, sale and import in cases where the contents can’t be changed without its breaking or deformation, and the mass, volume, length, area or other value indicating the number contained in the package goods are marked on the package.