||Area: 17,075 millions-sq. km|
Population: 145.2 millions inhabitants
All activity on assuring the uniformity of measurements in Russia is based on the Law of the Russian Federation On Assuring the Uniformity of Measurements issued in 2010
Realisation of this Law, fulfilment of metrological functions and terms of reference are approved by Decrees of the President of the Russian Federation No. 314 of 9 March, 2004 and No. 649 of 20 May, 2004 and Government Directive No. 294 of 17 June, 2004 and are implemented by the Federal Agency on Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) under the Federal Ministry of Industry and Energy (Minpromtorg of Russia).
Head of the Metrology Department: Dr. Vladimir Lakhov
Address: 9 Leninsky Prospect, 117049 Moscow, Russia
Telephone: +7 499236 75 60
+7 499236 30 42
Fax: +7 499236 62 31
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The State Metrology Service is a subsidiary of Rosstandart, which incorporates state scientific centres (research metrology institutes) and local metrology departments of different regions of Russia.
Rosstandart coordinates the work of the following:
· State Service of Time and Frequency and Determination of the Earth Rotation Parameters (SSTF);
· State Service of Reference Materials of the Composition and Properties of Substances and Materials (SSRM);
· State Service of Standard Reference Data of Physical Constants and Properties of Substances and Materials (SSSRD).
Rosstandart carries out state metrological surveillance and control over measuring instruments.
State regulation in the field of assurance of measurement uniformity is executed in the following forms:
· type approval of reference materials or type of measuring instruments;
· verification of measuring instruments;
· metrological expertise;
· state metrological supervision;
· attestation of measurement procedures (methods);
· accreditation of legal entities and self-employed entrepreneurs to perform work and (or) render services in the field of assurance of measurement uniformity.
The state metrological supervision shall include:
· observance of obligatory requirements in the field of state regulation of assurance of measurement uniformity to measurements, quantity units, and also to measurement standards of quantity units, reference materials, measuring instruments during their release from manufacture, import to the territory of the Russian Federation, sale and application in the territory of the Russian Federation;
· availability and observance of the certified measurement procedures (methods);
· observance of obligatory requirements to deviation of quantity of prepackaged products from the declared value.
International cooperation in the field of metrology is performed with the following organisations:
· International Organisation of Legal Metrology (OIML);
· International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM);
· Euro-Asian Cooperation of National Metrological Institutions (COOMET);
· Asia-Pacific Legal Metrology Forum (APLMF);
· Interstate Council for Standardisation, Metrology and Certification (EASC);
· other international and regional organisations.
Metrology institutes of Russian Federation actively collaborate with national metrology centres of Germany, the USA, the United Kingdom, Slovakia, Japan, France, Korea, China, India, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, etc.
A good deal of activity regarding the development, improvement, maintenance and use of national measurement standards, as well as research in the field of metrology including elaboration of normative documents of GSI is carried out by Metrology Institutes of Rosstandart. The majority of these institutes is specialised in specific fields of measurements and accredited as state test centres of measuring instruments and verification centres, as bodies on voluntary certification of measuring instruments and at the same time authorised to perform accreditation in the Russian System of Calibration (RSC).
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Metrology named after D.I. Mendeleev (VNIIM)
General Director: Dr. Nikolay Khanov
Address: 19 Moscovsky Prospect, 190005 Sankt-Petersburg, Russia
Telephone: +7 812 251 76 01
Fax: +7 812 713 01 14
The institute is a successor of the Central Chamber of Measures and Weights, which was the first and one of the oldest world metrology institutions. It is also the biggest world research centre of metrology and leading Russian research organisation in the field of metrology that maintains national measurement standards and has an official status of the State Research Centre of the Russian Federation.
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Metrological Service (VNIIMS)
Director: Dr. Sergey Kononogov
Address: 46 Ozernaya Str., 119361 Moscow, Russia
Telephone: +7 495 437 55 77
Fax: +7 495 437 56 66
VNIIMS is the main centre of the State Metrology Service and a centre of measurement standards in the filed of measurements of middle pressures, geometric parameters of machined surfaces and form deviations of rotating objects, high and ultrahigh voltages, etc.
It carries out research and engineering in the filed of scientific, applied and legal metrology.
VNIIMS is a scientific-methodological centre of the Russian System of Calibration (RSC) and certification of measuring instruments. It also acts as a head organisation of Gosstandart of Russia in international cooperation and training and information resource in the field of metrology.
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Optical and Physical Measurements (VNIIOFI)
Acting Director: Prof. Vladimir Krutikov
Address: 46 Ozernaya Str., 119361 Moscow, Russia
Telephone: +7 495 437 56 33
Fax: +7 495 437 31 47
VNIIOFI is a leading organisation on assuring the uniformity of measurements in the fields of photometry; radiometry (including laser radiometry); spectroradiometry and spectrophotometry; colorimetry; radiation pyrometry; sensitometry and densitometry; refractometry and polarimetry; measurements of the parameters of fibre-optics data transmission systems (FOTS); measurements of optical parameters of high-speed processes; measurements of pulse parameters of electric and magnetic fields.
VNIIOFI is designated as:
· a head organisation in the field of measurements of optical and physical parameters and parameters of high-speed processes;
· a head organisation for assuring the uniformity of measurements in public health and in manufacture of medical equipment;
· a head organisation for assuring the uniformity of measurements in the field of non-destructive testing.
VNIIOFI takes part in the work of the Russian Ñommittee on Íigh-Speed Photography and Photonics, which includes leading scientists of Russian Academy of Sciences, experts of higher education system and industry.
The Ural Scientific Research Institute of Metrology (UNIIM)
Director: Prof. Dr. Vladislav Leonov
Address: 4 Krasnoarmeyskaya Str., 620000, Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation
Telephone: +7 3433 50 26 18
Fax: +7 3433 50 20 39
UNIIM is a scientific and methodological centre of the State Service of Certified Reference Materials for composition and properties of substances and materials, providing scientific and guidance support of the works and coordination of interstate and interbranch activities on the production, testing and implementation of certified reference materials with the aim of ensuring the uniformity of measurements on the basis of their use.
It carries out scientific research, develops measurement standards and certified reference materials for ensuring the uniformity of measurements of temperature and thermo-physical parameters, surface density and thickness of coatings, magnetic and electrical quantities, linear and angular parameters, deformation and force, mass, torque and mechanical power, pressure, humidity of solid substances, physical chemistry composition and properties of substances and materials.
UNIIM is a scientific and methodological centre and an expert organization of the Accreditation System for Analytical Laboratories, a scientific and methodological centre for initiation of interlaboratory comparison tests; a centre for testing and verification (calibration) of measurement instruments; certification body for measurement instruments, certified reference materials and industrial products; a testing centre for nanoindustry substances, materials and products.
Quality Management System was recognized by COOMET Quality Forum as complying with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO Guide 34.
Siberian State Scientific Research Institute of Metrology (SNIIM)
Director: Mr. Vladimir Matveychuk
Address: 4 Dimitrov Prospect, 630004, Novosibirsk, Russia
Telephone: +7 383 210 08 14
Fax: +7 383 210 13 60
SNIIM is a centre of measurement standards of the parameters of electro-radio circuits at high and ultra high frequencies; electro-magnetic features of materials at high and ultra high frequencies; heavy loads; thermal torrents; minor lengths.
SNIIM maintains reference installation, which is a part of the equipment of the State Service of Time and Frequencies (SSTF) and the determination of the Earth rotation parameters.
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Flowrate Measurement (VNIIR)
Director: Mr. Vladimir Solovyev
Address: 7a, 2 Azinskaya Str., 420088, Kazan, Russia
Telephone: +7 843 272 70 62
Fax: +7 843 272 00 32
Lead in the Russian Federation Research Institute of metrological support of measurements of flow rate and amounts of liquids and gases, measurement of volume (capacity) and level, physical and chemical measurements of structure and properties of oil and oil products. VNIIR provides storage, application and perfection of state standards, conducts fundamental and applied research in the field of flow measurement of liquid and gas, creation of standards of new generation; to transfer of units of sizes in terms of calibration of measuring instruments, and as carrying out of exact measurements.
The composition of the standard base of the Institute includes 7 state primary standards:
· The State primary standard unit of mass flow rate of;
· The State primary standard unit of liquid volume flow;
· The State special standard unit of volume moisture content of oil and petroleum products;
· The State primary standard units of volume and mass flow of gas;
· State the primary special standard unit of volume and mass flow rate of water;
· The State primary special standard unit of volume and mass flow of oil products;
· The State primary special standard unit of mass flow rate of gas-liquid mixtures.
National Research Institute of Physicotechnical and Radio Engineering Measurements (VNIIFTRI)
General Director: Dr. Sergey Donchenko
Address: Mendeleevo, Solnechnogorsky District, 141570, Moscow Region, Russia
Òåëåôîí: +7 495 744 81 12
Ôàêñ: +7 495 944 52 68
In National Research Metrological Institute “VNIIFTRI” and in its branches, National primary and secondary (national) standards in the field of time and frequency measurements, big and superbig lengths, coordinate-time measurements, radio electronic measurements in closed paths and in free space, magnetic measurements, low temperature and thermal physic measurements, metal hardness and high pressure measurements, acoustic and hydro-acoustic measurements, electrochemical measurements (pH-metry, ionometry, conductometry), aerosol, suspension and powder disperse parameter measurements, ionizing radiation characteristics and constants measurements are kept and used. The institute also is being developed acoustooptical methods of measurements and the problems of metrology in construction is being solved.
VNIIFTRI is the main metrological center of the State Service of Time, Frequency and Earth Rotation Parameters Determination (SSTF), and provides its functioning with participation of all its branches and the other organizations.
VNIIFTRI has an official status of the State Scientific centre of the Russian Federation.
VNIIFTRI has the following below mentioned branches:
VNIIFTRI East-Siberian branch (ESB)
Director: Dr. Victor Yegorov
Address: 57 Borodina Str., 664056, Irkutsk, Russia
Telephone: +7 3952 46 83 03
Fax: +7 3952 46 83 03
VNIIFTRI ESB is functioning as the base center of measurements uniformity provision at the Earth rotation parameters satellite determinations, as the center of standards in the field of time and frequency measurements for East-Siberian region, and also as the center of national primary standards in the field of measurements of substances and materials dielectric parameters and of gas humidity.
VNIIFTRI Far East branch (FEB)
Director: Dr. Yuri Lykov
Address: 65 K. Marks Str., 680000, Khabarovsk, Russia
Telephone: +7 4212 32 92 68
Fax: +7 4212 30 15 66
VNIIFTRI FEB is functioning as the center of standards in the field of time and frequency measurements for the Far-Eastern region; it solves the problems of provision of ultrasonic measurements uniformity in solids.
VNIIFTRI Kamchatka branch (KB)
Director: Dr. Vladislav Sobolev
Address: Russian Federation, 683002, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky,
Severo-Vostochnoye highway, 30, P.O.Box 26
Phone: +7 41522 9 18 31
Fax: +7 41522 9 19 84
VNIIFTRI KB is the reference center of GSVCh.
The Central Scientific Metrology Centre of the State Service for Standard Reference Data on Physical Constants and Properties of Substances and Materials (CSMC “SRD”) was established on the basis of CSMC “SRD” Department which is a structural unit of Russian Scientific and Technical Centre of Information on Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (FGUP “Standartinform”).
Director of CSMC “SRD” Department: Dr. Yuriy Mamonov
Address: Nakhimovskiy Prospect, 31, Building 2, 117418, Russian Federation,
Òåëåôîíû: +7 (495) 225-61-87
+7 (495) 332-56-14
Ôàêñ: +7 (495) 719-78-20
CSMC “SRD” carries out:
· development and certification of standard reference data tables (SRD), and maintains a register of SRD tables;
· development and certification of SSSRD procedures and recommended reference data (RRD), and maintains tables of RRD and SSSRD procedures;
· development of software for the implementation of SRD tables and SSSRD procedures;
· development of data bases for the properties of substances and materials;
· information provision with certified reference data on the properties of substances and materials.
Center for Surface and Vacuum Research (NICPV)
Director: Prof. Dr. Pavel Todua
Address: 40/1 Novatorov Str., 119421, Moscow, Russia
Telephone: +7 495 935 97 77
Fax: +7 495 935 9690
The major activities of NICPV are as follows:
· complex study of structure, physicochemical and mechanical surface properties of a solid body and thin films, characteristics of processes at the phase thresholds with the purpose to develop high-accuracy measurement instruments and methods for controlling technological processes aiming at assuring the uniformity of measurements in future technologies including micro- and nanotechnologies;
· research in the field of fundamental metrology directed at the creation and improvement of methods and high-accuracy measuring instruments, development of physical principles and creation of reference base of a new generation;
· development of methods and instruments for disseminating physical units from current measurement standards to working instruments, development of special standards for assuring uniformity of measurement in micro-, opto-, nanoelectronics, nanotechnology, precise machine-building, instrument making, biotechnology and microbiology, genetic engineering, chemistry and chemical technology;
· development of high-accuracy measurement instruments in the field of geometrical, vibro-acoustic and physicochemical measurements.
NICPV carries out tests and quality surveillance of production in science intensive technologies and industries with the purpose of conformity assessment.
The research facilities of NICPV include standards and high-accuracy apparatuses for length measurement in micro- and nano-meter ranges.