||Area: 603,7 thousand-sq. km|
Population: 45.8 millions inhabitants
The legal basis of the state metrology system of Ukraine is laid down by the Ukrainian Law on Introduction of Changes to the Law of Ukraine on Metrology and Metrological Activities.
The state metrological system consists of the State Metrology Service and metrology services of state departments, manufacturers and organisations.
The state metrological system includes:
· Department of Technical Regulation of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine and its divisions;
· National Scientific Metrology Centre;
· state scientific metrology centres;
· regional metrology bodies;
· State Service of Time and Reference Frequencies;
· State Service of Reference Materials;
· State Service of Reference Data on Physical Constants and Properties of Substances and Materials.
All the activities on assuring the uniformity of measurements and improvement of the state metrology system are regulated by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine: Mr. Igor Prasolov
Address: 12/2 Grushevskogo Str., Kyiv, 01008, Ukraine
Telephone: +38 044 528 92 27
Fax: +38 044 528 90 14
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
National Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
The one of objectives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine is to provide forming and realization of the state policy in the field of technical regulation (standardization, metrology, certification, conformity assessment, accreditation of bodies on conformity, quality management), including:
· organization of providing state management of measurements unity in Ukraine, implementation of the state uniform technical policy on providing the unity of measurements;
· coordination of activity on providing functioning and development of the state metrological system;
· coordination of activity of metrological service in Ukraine;
· organization of fundamental research in the field of metrology;
· providing organization of creation and functioning the standard base of Ukraine, development of the creation order, approval, registration, storage and application of standards and their comparison with standards of other states, international standards;
· organization and implementation of the state metrological control and surveillance;
· organization of development of normative legal draft documents in the field of technical regulation;
· providing the coordination of activity on development and review of technical regulations;
· participation in the work of international and regional organizations on metrology.
NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC METROLOGY CENTRE
National Scientific Centre “Institute of Metrology” (NSC “IM”)
General Director: Dr. Oleksandr Dudolad
Address: 42 Mironositskaya Str., Kharkiv-2, 61002, Ukraine
Telephone: +38 057 700 34 09
Fax: +38 057 700 34 47
The NSC “IM” is
· a leading centre for assuring the uniformity of measurements in Ukraine;
· a leading centre of the State Service of Reference Materials;
· a leading centre of the State Service of Time and Reference Frequencies.
The NSC “IM” carries out fundamental and applied research in the filed of legal metrology and organises development, maintenance and improvement of national and secondary measurement standards used in traceability schemes. The NSC “IM” also develops normative documents and works out state development programmes in the filed of metrology.
It also exerts metrological surveillance and control, as well as provides scientific and methodological basis of state metrology departments.
State scientific metrology centres
State scientific metrology centres develop and maintain secondary measurement standards, work out traceability schemes and normative documents in the filed of metrology, as well as exert metrological control.
State Enterprise “Scientific-Research Institute for Metrology of Measurement and Control Systems”
(DP NDI “Systema”)
Director: Dr. Vasiliy Parakuda
Address: 6 Kryvonosa Str., Lviv, 79008, Ukraine
Telephone: +38 0322 72 89 39
Fax: +38 0322 35 84 49
The DP NDI “Systema” is the parent organization for:
• acoustics, ultrasound and underwater acoustics;
• metrology and metrological support of measurement and control systems;
• metrological support of technical protection of information.
The DP NDI “Systema” is also the organizational-methodical centre of certification services for short-term accommodation (hotel services). It carries out the functions of secretariat of the national technical committee for standardization in the field of quality management.
The DP NDI “Systema” carries out fundamental and applied research in the field of acoustic, ultrasonic and underwater acoustic measurements associated with the creation, improvement, storing and application of national and secondary measurement standards, the creation of systems for transfer of measurement units. The DP NDI “Systema” also develops normative documents on metrology.
It also provides metrological support of measurement and control systems and technical protection of information.
State Enterprise “All-Ukrainian State Scientific and Research Centre of Standardization, Metrology, Certification and Consumer Protection” (DP “Ukrmetrteststandard”)
General Director: Mr. Oleksandr Pichugin
Address: 4 Metrologichna Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Telephone: +38 044 526 52 29
Fax: +38 044 526 42 60
DP “Ukrmetrteststandard” is designated as:
· senior centre of the State Metrology System of Ukraine;
· senior centre of the State Service of Reference Data.
DP “Ukrmetrteststandard” performs the following:
· development, maintenance and improvement of state, secondary and reference measurement standards of Ukraine;
· maintenance of the National Register of approved types of measuring instruments;
· maintenance of the Register of measurement procedures and mandatory methodological documents.
State enterprise “Ivano-Frankivsk Research-and-Production Center for Standardization, Metrology and Certification” (DP “Ivano-Frankivskstandartmetrologija”)
Director: Dr. Igor Petryshyn
Address: 127, Vovchynetska Str., Ivano-Frankivsk, 76007, Ukraine
Telephone: +38 03422 6 68 84
Fax: +38 03422 3 02 00
DP “Ivano-Frankivskstandartmetrologija” is main organization of Ukraine in volume and volumetric flow rate measurement by gas meters and flow meters.
DP “Ivano-Frankivskstandartmetrologija” implements fundamental and applied research in field of volume and volume flow measurement, coupled with creation, improvement, storing and application of national primary and secondary standards, creating systems for transmitting size of measurement unit, normative document development in field of gas meters and flow meters volume and volume flow measurement metrology.